Tuesday, January 16, 2007

3. FAITH MOVEMENT HERESIES

Here`s just a few examples of heresies of such people as: Copeland, Hagin, Frederick K.C. Price, Hinn, Jerry Savelle, Morris Cerullo, Creflo Dollar and Paul Crouch [TBN]. Hinn teaches others to repeat, 'Within me is a God-Man.' Say it again. 'Within me is a God-Man.' [Congregation repeats.] Now, let's say even better than that. Let's say, 'I AM A GOD-MAN.' …This spirit man within me is a God-Man. …Say 'I'm born-of-heaven-God-Man. I'm a God-Man. I'm a sample of Jesus. I'm a super being Say it! Say it!" (Praise the Lord, TBN, Dec 6 1990). “When you say I am a Christian, you are saying ‘I am messiah in Hebrew. ‘I am a little messiah walking earth.” “You know what your last name is? Jehovah! So I’m Benny Jehovah! "Are you ready for some real revelation knowledge... you are God" ("Our Position In Christ", tape # AO31190-1) "Though we are not Almighty God Himself, nevertheless, we are now divine." (Benny Hinn, TBN, 12/1/90) "Pray to yourself, because I'm in your self and you're in Myself. We are one Spirit, saith the Lord." & "...And I say this with all respect so that it don't upset you too bad, but I say it anyway. When I read in the Bible where He says I AM, I just smile and say, 'Yes, I AM too.'" (Believer's Voice of Victory Broadcast, 7/9/1987). I watched as Kenneth Copeland [Hagin and Creflo Dollar also has said, Dollar uses the term "God Class"], "We are at the same spiritual level as God" and "We are gods" [believers]. BLASPHEMY! IT`S NOT RIGHT! YHVH said in the Tanakh [O.T.], "You shall have no other gods besides me" [with me or an addition to me]. Jesus himself told Copeland the following prophecy: "Don’t be disturbed when people put you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of Me, should they not speak that way of you? The more you get to be like Me, the more they’re going to think that way of you. They crucified Me for claiming that I was God. But I didn’t claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in Me. Hallelujah." (Kenneth Copeland, Take Time to Pray, Believer’s Voice of Victory February 1987) ”Adam was as much like God as you can get, just the same as Jesus when he came to earth, ...Adam in the Garden of Eden was God manifested in the flesh” “Every Christian is a god” “You don't have a god in you; you are one.” [Copeland is a False Prophet.] "God is a faith being, and spoke faith filled words." "Have Faith in your Faith". "Faith is a force, and words are containers of that force" [your faith gives you personal power and you can speak things into existence as God did.] "Satan conquered Jesus on the Cross." [Copleland] "You`re not looking at Morris Cerullo- you`re looking at God. You`re looking at Jesus." [Morris Cerullo] "God created the World by the power of His word, we can create the world around us by the power of our words." [Creflo Dollar] Hagin said, "Every man who has been born again is an incarnation and Christianity is a miracle. The believer is as much an incarnation as was Jesus of Nazareth." A few faith teachers have also taught Jesus`s blood alone does not atone. His physical death wasn`t enough, He had to die spiritually as well and descend and be tormented in Hell. A good source of information is http://www.letusreason.org/ . Also one of my gripes of the Faith Movement has been it`s not balanced. It`s lopsided and one-sided. They like to preach every believer is entitled to perfect Health and Wealth. The Word of God ia also replete with scriptures on Trials and Tribulations, suffering, sacrifice, persecution, hardships, difficulties, etc.Anyways I just scratched the surface here. For a more in depth look read "The Facts on The Faith Movement" - http://www.johnankerberg.org/ & "Christianity In Crisis" by Hank Hanegraaff. It`s well documented, and gives the proper biblical answers to these heresies! Hank took over for Dr. Walter Martin who wrote the classic "Kingdom of the Cults".
By Defending Heretical teachers & their teachings, a person is partaking oftheir Sin, Hypocrisy, & Judgement Saith Yahweh.

1 Comments:

Blogger tomjworkman said...

In John 10:34, Yeshua is quoting Ps. 82:6. IF YOU READ THE ENTIRE PASSAGE, YHVH IS TALKING TO THE "JUDGES" of Israel NOT everybody, and ends with saying "...you are 'gods', but I say, you will die as [mere] human beings..." So obviously that passage does NOT mean they were actually considered "gods". NONE of the Rabbis, OR Christian scholars & theologians would EVER say that passage has that meaning, that we are actually "gods". Then there is the Commandment "I Am the Lord your God, YOU WILL HAVE NO OTHER gods [false gods - pagan gods] BESIDES ME."
THE "FAITH MOVEMENT" TAKES ONE verse [out of CONTEXT in meaning I might add] and BUILDS an ENTIRE false theology around it. The Hebrew term, elohim, [small first letter] is used in respect to either false pagan gods, angels or judges [of Israel], depending on the context of the passage. Jesus just used that out of the Tanakh [O.T.], because some Jewish people were giving him a hard time calling himself the "Son of God".

For a more IN DEPTH STUDY, read "The Facts on The Faith Movement" - www.johnankerberg.org & "Christianity In Crisis" by Hank Hanegraaff. It`s well documented, and gives the proper biblical answers to these heresies! Hank took over for Dr. Walter Martin who wrote the classic "Kingdom of the Cults". T

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home